Friday, May 14, 2010

N614EF has ears and talks

It only took about 5 months for me to get through the angst of trying to build a wiring harness for the ICOM A210 communications radio and PS Engineering 1000II intercom, but today I sucked it up and flipped the switch.

And it works!





Since the engine isn't ready yet, I couldn't test out the shielding of the harness and its ability to keep out noise, but I did flip on the strobes and all of the other electrical equipment and it all quiet as mouse. Then I transmitted on 123.45 and listened on the scanner in the hangar and things sound great.

By the way, I've recorded a video on how easy it is to install component and configure them using Vertical Power. I'll edit it down and upload it here in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |